Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Residual of Stalking or The Power of Love

For the first time in many years of stalking, harassing, intrusion at home and work, threats to my life, I am beginning to feel safe. So many things are changing. I am working out again, as I used to, before I was stalked, even in the health clubs. I am less drained. I am less snappy at an occasional bothersome stranger, as the stress is being lessened in my life. Instead of hanging on to work, I am being proactive and creating for myself a work landscape I always wanted. I don't have much time left. The stalker took away many years and much joy. I hung on, sometimes by fingernails for the love of my family, friends, patients. I hung on and hung on. I didn't shoot him, although the thought crossed by mind. I prayed a lot. I cried a lot. I lost out on a lot of years. But I am alive. My children are alive. My grandchildren are alive. My heart is still open and aware. I still live with the intent of kindness. So- if this isn't testimony to the power of love, what is it? Love IS courage. Love IS truth. And love is very strong.

No comments: